campaign finance
electronic filing
governmental ethics


If you have a complaint against an attorney , please contact:

State Bar of California
1149 South Hill Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015-2299
(213) 765-1000 or (800) 843-9053.

If you have a complaint against a Judge, please contact:

Commission on Judicial Performance
455 Golden Gate Avenue, Suite 14400
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 557-1200.


For complaints regarding consumer issues, such as retail sales, credit problems or automobile purchases.

Los Angeles County Department of Consumer Affairs
500 W. Temple Street, Room B-96
Los Angeles, CA 90012-2706.

Call (213) 974-1452 for other locations, days and hours of service,
or for the Consumer Information Telephone System.

State of California Department of Consumer Affairs
400 R Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
(800) 952-5210
TDD (916) 322-1700.


If you are a City of Los Angeles employee and feel that you have been the subject of discrimination, please contact the:

Office of Discrimination Complaint Resolution
Personnel Department
205 S. Broadway, Suite 702
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 485-8250.

If your complaint concerns discrimination on the basis of sex in the payment of wages, please contact the nearest local office of the State Department of Industrial relations, Division of Labor Standards, Bureau of Field Enforcement.

For labor law information and assistance 24 hours a day / 7 days a week in Los Angeles, Santa Ana, Long Beach, and Van Nuys, call (213) 620-6330.

If your complaint concerns discrimination in the area of employment, please contact the local office of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ("EEOC"). Look in your local telephone directory for the nearest office, or call (800) 669-4000.


If your complaint concerns the Los Angeles Police Department, please contact:

Office of Inspector General
201 N. Figueroa Street, Ste. 610
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 202-5866.

The Office of Inspector General is available to assist community and police department members with the filing of complaints of misconduct or otherwise provide information about the investigative process.

If you complaint concerns the Sheriff's Department, contact: (800) 698-8255.

If your complaint concerns the California Highway Patrol:

Contact the local CHP office where the patrol officer is assigned or the CHP office in your area. The address and telephone numbers of CHP offices may be found in the telephone directory. Alternatively, you can contact:

California Highway Patrol
Bureau of Internal Affairs
PO Box 942898
Sacramento, CA 94298-0001
(916) 657-7261


If you suspect a City of Los Angeles employee is fraudulently claiming a Workers' Compensation injury, contact the Workers' Compensation Fraud Investigation Hotline:

(800) 295-6414


© 2017 City of Los Angeles, unless otherwise noted. All logos, names, insignias, etc. of City departments, offices, and commissions are trademarks of the City of Los Angeles. Unauthorized use is prohibited.

[credits | requirements | site disclaimer | translation disclaimer]